Wednesday, June 13, 2012

60's Mod

                This is hands down my most favorite look of the day.  A 60s inspired piece mod look and well incorporated with present day pieces. The collar look ties in my whole look and adds a wow factor to this basic look. Keep in mind don't go to crazy with accessories. Have this acronym in mind when putting together your own outfit of the day, K.I.S.S, which means "Keep It Simple Silly".

Advice of the Day:
Lets talk about basics and how you can alter them into something fabulous. Based on today's look I tweaked a basic black velvet into a cute mod look. As you can see I've added a few buttons on the bodice of the dress and that tied in perfectly with this collar. Also for a pop of color I mixed in a red belt and a teal bag.




Heels make legs look amazingly good! Don't you agree?

Cutest wedges ever. If you don't see they're black and white striped. They kind of remind me beetle juice when I first got them which is why I had to get them.


Dress: Forever 21
Black velvet basic dress. Buttons added by me a little personal touch.
Bought for $18 at Wasteland.

Belt: Goodwill
Vintage red split leather belt with metal buckle.
Bought this at a thrift store for $2.

Collar: Made by KimchiDiaries ( Me)
I made this to tie in with the whole collar fad that's going on right now.

Shoes: Sheikh
5 inch platform ankle bootie with black/white stripe print.
Got as a gift. My family knows me too well.

 Hope this was at all helpful to you guys! Happy Shopping! Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment